Water heaters are daily necessities in our homes. The market is flooded with branded and locally available water heaters. The branded water heaters are ISI marked, while the local ones are developed by assembling parts locally. A variety of geysers are available in the market and most of these operate on either gas, electricity, or on solar power.
Many of us forget to read through the instruction manual of these geysers and it is important that one is aware of how to use such type of water geysers.
- Make sure the Geyser is ISI marked or is made as per international standards
- Please buy geyser from a reputed shop and ask for a bill and warranty card
- Please ask the company or an electrician and plumber to install the geyser for you.
- Please ensure the area where the geyser is being installed is well ventilated and spacious.
- Please ensure proper earthing is provided to the geyser when it is installed and get it checked from an electrician.
- Please ensure the temperature is set to an optimum level and is not very high.
- Ensure the geyser has an auto disconnect system pre-installed which activates when the temperature reaches a certain level inside the geyser.
- Switch the geyser on before using the water. Once the water is heated switch the geyser off and then use the pre-heated water.
- Do not use wet fingers to switch on and off the geyser.
- Ensure the geyser is well maintained. Due to its nature, various parts of geyser tends to develop a layer of heavy metal deposit on them over a period of time.
- Strap the geyser to the wall or anchor it well during installation to prevent it from falling in case of an earthquake.
- Do not store anything over the top of the heater or right next to it.
- In the case of a gas heater, please ensure that the gas cylinder is well anchored.
- Consider installing a gas leakage detector in case one is using a gas heater.
- Ensure the gas pipe is well maintained and does not develop any cracks. Replace the pipe in case it has developed cracks.
- When not using the gas-based geyser please ensure that the gas supply is disconnected from the regulator.
- Do not use self refilled gas cylinders for gas-based geysers and always buy gas cylinders from a reputed company.
- In case of using a solar water heater, please ensure the outlet water pipe is well insulated to protect from accidental burns.
- Ensure that the solar water heater is well anchored on the roof to prevent it from falling in case of an earthquake.